Saturday, August 14, 2010

I Hope You See What I Mean

I hope you see what I mean

posted Friday, 6 March 2009


From: http://www.ligotti.net/showthread.php?t=2651


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by qcrisp
It's a selfish concern, but as someone who writes, I fear that I will be obsolete very soon. I am producing more and more complex fiction, and I feel like the human brain is, collectively, losing the ability to digest that kind of thing, as if I am writing in Latin or some other extinct language. As to what I will do when my obsolescence becomes complete, I don't know. Unlike some, I view the future almost entirely with dread.


I agree -- but I look forward rather than dread this inevitable outcome... and I continue to write my (complex?) prose but then immediately put it on the public internet as some sort of acceptance of the type of thing you say. I haven't submitted anything to a book or mag publisher since 1999 and I feel that is the best way to remain positive in a negative way! I hope you see what I mean.


comments (1)



1. Weirdmonger left...
Friday, 6 March 2009 12:11 pm
When I say not submitted anything since 1999, that means off my own bat. I have been solicited for work to be printed from time to time (not often!) and I have supplied it.

No comments: